Once you have generated a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) and received your SSL certificate from your certificate issuer, you need to follow these step-by-step instructions to install an SSL certificate on Plesk. Steps for installing SSL certificate in Plesk are as follows:
1. Download and copy your certificate files to your server
Download your SSL certificate and support files by clicking on the download link in your fulfillment email or from your far.id client portal account. Unzip the files and copy them into the directory where you will keep your certificates. Some files in the zip may or may not be used depending on your server type.
2. Login in to the Plesk Control Panel using your ID and password.
3. Go to the Websites & Domains tab and select the domain you want to secure
4. Click on ‘Secure Your Sites’
5. Click on the “Add SSL Certificate” Button.
6. On the following page, enter your Certificate Name and then fill in the required information (Country, State or Province, Location (City), Organization Name, Organization Department or Division Name, Domain Name and Email).
7. A new record will be added, this will include your private key and your CSR.
8. Select the SSL Certificate that was just created when you generated your CSR.
9. On the following page, select the “Upload Certificate Files” section. Click the “Browse” button and locate the certificate and CA bundle files on your computer. The file will have the .crt extension, bundle one can be .crt or .ca-bundle. After both files are selected, choose “Send Files.”
Note: You can also copy and paste the two files into the corresponding boxes under “Upload the Certificates as Text.”
10. Go back to the “Websites and Domains” tab and click “Hosting Settings” beside the Domain you’re securing
11. On the following page, in the “Security Section,” select the certificate from the drop-down tab and check “SSL Support.”
12. Click the “OK” button at the bottom of the page to save your changes.