Once you have generated a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) and received your SSL certificate from your certificate issuer, you need to follow these step-by-step instructions to install an SSL certificate on Directadmin. Steps for installing SSL certificate in Directadmin are as follows:
1. Download and copy your certificate files to your server
Download your SSL certificate and support files by clicking on the download link in your fulfillment email or from your far.id client portal account. Unzip the files and copy them into the directory where you will keep your certificates. Some files in the zip may or may not be used depending on your server type.
2. Log on to DirectAdmin Control Panel.
3. Go to the “SSL certificates” panel (underneath Advanced Features).
4. Select the option “Paste a pre-generated certificate and key“.
5. Open your Private Key file and your Certificate file (Mostly in the name of yourdomainname.crt or ordernumber.crt) in Notepad and paste them both in the text box.
NOTE : Paste the Private key and then paste the certificate file content
6. When you are done, click Save.
7. Return to the ‘SSL Certificates‘ panel and click ‘Click here to paste a Root CA Certificate (AddtrustexternalCAroot.crt).
8. Paste the intermediate certificate (Based on type of certificate you have get intermediate file )followed by the root certificate in the text box.
OR : Simply Get the CA-Bundle from COMODO and paste it into the CA-Certificate field.
9. Make sure you select option “Use a CA Cert“.
10. Click Save.
11. All certificates are now installed.
SSL is normally not activated in DirectAdmin. After installation of the certificates you should check this setting, and switch this on if not so already. The following step describes the activation of this setting.
- Login to the DirectAdmin control panel.
- Go to Advanced Features → SSL Certificates.
- On top of the page, right beneath the menu buttons you should see if SSL is enabled, and activate it here when not. When you see SSL Disabled, click on the link You can enable it here to enable.
- Activate the checkbox next to Secure SSL and press save Save
- Return to Advanced Features → SSL Certificates to see if SSL is indeed enabled.